-
October 28th, 2006, 11:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I got this, and I thought I would share it with you guys. Enjoy and hope it helps
Just a quick note to prepare everyone for the up coming holiday season... Now is the time to get merchandise so you do not have to worry about us running out of items when it gets closer to the holidays. This will happen.
Jess?s world is here only through Dec. 31st or while supplies last. Her tree swing and scooter are already running really low as is her pj?s for the doll and girl. Jess and all her product will be discontinued at the end of the year whether there are any left over or not. We may run out before that date. No exceptions. Please get her while you still can.
Molly?s Movie will be premiering on November 26th on the Disney channel! We are pre- reserving Molly?s Movie on DVD for $19.95. You can also pre- reserve a three pack that includes Samantha?s, Felicity?s and Molly?s Movie on DVDs for $54.85. That is a five dollar savings! Pre-reserve will end on November 27th. All orders will be shipped out on November 28th.
If history repeats itself, Molly and Emily dolls and product have a good chance of run low or possible out after the movie is shown on the Disney channel. Emily the doll is the most likely item to run out first.
I will try to send in the next couple of days a list that includes all items that are running low or will be running low soon. In the meantime, we are really low on the ?Let it snow? pj?s for both doll and girls and the Girl?s Doll storage unit. Usually all the holiday outfits, new outfits and the bigger ticket items such as the beds, trunks and tables run low or sell out this time of year. Do not wait if you really want something.
The week of White Lights in Chicago is on Saturday, November 18th and Sunday, November 19th. This kicks off the big push of the holiday season. If you can, try to come into the store before that date. If not, then make sure that you dress warm as there will be a line to get in and huge crowds inside including at the registers.
If you do not want to wait in the regular cashier lines in the store, make sure to make an appointment with me. Otherwise, you will have to go in the regular lines, which are very long this time of year!
We cannot sell you more than four of one item unless there is an exception. Ask me what those exceptions are when you talk to me.
If you are calling in an order for shipping or will call, you can tell me over the phone, leave me a message with what you want or email me. Do not leave a credit card number on the message machine or the email. Let me know when and where to call and I will call you. This time of year, always leave your phone number with all messages and email.
From November 1st on through the holidays, we can only hold will call orders (paid) for 48 hours. If it is not paid for we can only hold it till the end of the day you call and then the items will go back on the floor.
I cannot keep any credit card numbers on file. Always have your credit card number ready when you call even if you gave me an order in the morning and it is the afternoon. We shred the credit card number as soon as we use it.
I will email you with the last dates you can ship to get an item in time for Christmas after UPS gives us that information. These dates are solid and there are not exceptions.
Remember that we get backed up this time of year and will handle orders in the order they came in.
If you need something by a certain date, do not wait.
If there is a product that you have to have for the holidays, do not wait.
If want to avoid the crowds, do not wait.
Well? you get the idea. If you have any question, call or email. Have a happy Halloween!
If I can be of further assistance to you or your friends and family with any of our products, or American Girl Place Caf? reservations or Theater tickets, please feel free to contact me. The service is complimentary.
Tracy R. Smith
American Girl Place
Personal Shopper
111 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
312-787-3883 *2086
mailto:[email protected]
-
October 28th, 2006, 11:23 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Some great info there! I'm glad I got the Let It Snow PJs when I did. I've actually been thinking about getting a 2nd Jess so I can undo her hair and she can be Jess's twin, Jenny or something like that, not totally sure on the name but I'd love to have one with braids and one with hair down. Jess can be the outdoorsy tomboy one and her twin would be the more girly-girl.
Thanks for sharing this letter! If I ever need a PS, this girl sounds like a good one! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
October 29th, 2006, 12:04 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks for sharing the info. I'm glad I went ahead and ordered Jess's PJ's. I hope DD doesn't come up with something new on her list at the last minute [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
-
October 29th, 2006, 12:08 AM
#4
Inactive Member
There are some really good tips in here! Thanks for sharing this! [img]smile.gif[/img]
How do you get a PS? Do you just call one of the stores? It seems like a lot of girls on here have PS.
-
October 29th, 2006, 12:31 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Yea! This was great info! We have an appointment to meet with Rita at the Chicago store next Saturday morning and I am very excited! I will definately be getting Jess' scooter, Emily's sled, and the Let it Snow PJ's! We have some dolls picked out to bring home too, so I can't wait to show you all pics!
Thank you for this info!!
-
October 29th, 2006, 12:32 AM
#6
Inactive Member
AAACCKK!
My DH and I are planning a trip to Chicago the weekend of Dec 8th, 9th, and 10th. Should I set up an appointment with a PS? I really wanted to pick out my Kit doll but not if it's a madhouse.
"It's so crowded that you have to stand in line to get in the store"??????? What time do you think is the best to get there? I don't always do well with huge crowds of people in stores but since my kids won't be with us maybe I'll be able to handle it better.
Thankfully I already ordered Emily, her pajamas, Holiday dress, and Yank so I won't have to fight the crowds to buy these for my daughter. They are all in my basement just waiting to get wrapped! Kit is going to be my Christmas gift from DH. [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]
Any ideas or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
-
October 29th, 2006, 01:09 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I would schedule a visit with a personal shopper no matter what time of year you go. You can leave your items in her office while you keep shopping or have lunch. You don't have to wait in lines. My PS always gives us nice little extras and you get sneak peaks sometimes too.
I need to call and order the new jammies - one big girl and doll and one little girl and doll. I also think the Theater seats are going to sell out. I need to order those too.
-
October 29th, 2006, 01:35 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Thanks for the list! Hopefully that will make my mom decide to get me some things for the holidays that won't be around much longer. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
October 29th, 2006, 01:37 AM
#9
Inactive Member
This probably affects NY too, right?
Oh, Let it Snow pj's, please be in there in a week! Do you think AGPNY will still have it in a week? My mom is saying wait but I don't want to wait if it's gonna run low! These ARE my (and my new doll coming next week's)Christmas pj's!
Also, do you think this will affect the Star Pj's for dolls and girl? My sister wants these so I don't want them to run out either!
-
October 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM
#10
Inactive Member
How do you get a PS?
EITHER YOU CALL BEFOREHAND REQUESTING ONE OR WHEN YOU GET THERE, REQUEST ONE, BUT BE AWARE THERE MIGHT NOT BE ONE AVAILABLE THE CLOSER WE GET TO THE HOLIDAYS. EVEN NOW, I CALLED MINE AND IT TOOK 2 DAYS FOR HER TO GET BACK TO ME BECAUSE SHE SAYS IT IS CRAZY THERE RIGHT NOW.
Do you just call one of the stores?
Should I set up an appointment with a PS?
What time do you think is the best to get there?
I BELIEVE ANY DAY THAT KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL IS A MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER DAY, LIKE DURING THE WEEK, BUT MOSTLY TUES-THURS.
I WOULD GET THE PJ'S NOW, IF SHE IS SAYING THEY ARE RUNNING LOW, IF YOU CAN.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks